The demand is high for the next best thing in the ecommerce world. Late 2018 and 2019 is going to be all about utilizing shoppable, interactive content. What is this interactive content? It is imagery and media that integrates quick views to keep customers engaged in the digital experience throughout the purchase process. We pulled some quick stats for you to take a look at and how you too can implement interactive content.
- 36% of retailers said that it was simply too technically difficult to create interactive content.
- 67% to say that it takes a week or more to get rich content online, and 19% said it takes more than three weeks.
- We asked retailers what their biggest content focus of 2016 would be, and 47% said “making existing content more interactive and shoppable.”
- 93% of marketers agreed that interactive content is effective in educating its buyers versus just 70% for static content.
- 88% of marketers said that interactive content is effective in differentiating their brand from their competitors
- 81% of marketers agree that rich content grabs customers’ attention more effectively than static content.
- 70% of marketers believe interactive content is more effective at converting site visitors.
Various interactive content types like quizzes, style guides, lookbooks are loved by internet users. Don’t believe me? Zenni Optical uploaded “You’ve Been Framed” — a nine-minute multiple-choice quiz that tested readers’ eyesight — that generated more than $1 million in revenue and received 29,410 lead conversions.
So why should you care about interactive content? It grabs the audience’s attention, boosts business revenue, encourages engagement, increases referral traffic, and improves your brand’s credibility. Some of the top reasons why interactive content is used in marketing include educating an audience, engagement, lead generation, and create a brand awareness. Furthermore, this engaging content is used when marketers have a lack of staff, budget or technical expertise.